A minimum of two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded annually to ACMH volunteers who meet the following criteria:
1. The applicant must be a high school senior or an adult student and have been accepted to or enrolled in a health-related program at an accredited institution of higher learning.
2. The program must lead to a degree or licensure in a health-related field (the scholarship does not apply to certification programs).
3. At the time of scholarship application, the applicant must have served a minimum of 100 cumulative hours of volunteer service at ACMH.
4. High school seniors must include a copy of a letter of acceptance from a school of higher education. College students must include proof of current enrollment.
5. The applicant must submit two letters of reference (school, community, or professional references; no family references will be accepted).
6. The scholarship winners will be selected by a Scholarship Selection Committee composed of three ACMH Auxiliary members and a representative from the Volunteer Services Department.
7. The Scholarship Selection Committee will consider the following:
a. Applicant’s commitment to volunteerism and ACMH volunteer attendance record
b. Scholastic standing
c. Performance evaluation by the volunteer’s supervisor or other staff
d. Applicant’s involvement in school and community activities
8. The completed application and all letters of reference must be submitted to the Volunteer Services Department by May 15 of each academic year. If awarded the ACMH Auxiliary Scholarship, the Auxiliary will disperse for each recipient $500 the first semester, and $500 the second semester, directly to the bursar’s office of the applicable institution.