VOLUNTEER COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
Two one-thousand-dollar scholarships will be awarded annually to eligible ACMH volunteers who have served the hospital:
- The applicant must have been accepted to a school for healthcare education; or
- Is currently enrolled in college or an accredited health career related program.
The awards will be dispersed $500 the first semester and $500 the second semester for each recipient.
- The applicant must have given at least 100 hours of volunteer service at ACMH.
- High school seniors must enclose a copy of a letter of acceptance from a school of advanced education. College students must enclose proof of college enrollment.
- The applicant must submit two letters of reference (teacher, community, or professional references; exclude family members).
- The scholarship winners will be selected by a Scholarship Selection Committee composed of three auxiliary members and a representative of the Volunteer Services Department.
- The Scholarship Selection Committee will consider the following:
- Applicant’s volunteer commitment to volunteerism and their ACMH volunteer attendance record
- Scholastic standing
- Performance evaluation by the volunteer’s supervisor or other staff
- Recommendation of school guidance counselor
- Applicant’s involvement in school and community activities
- The completed application and all letters of reference must be turned in to the Volunteer Services Department by May 15 of each academic year.
- If awarded an ACMH Scholarship Award, the check will be made directly to the college bursar’s office.
volunteer college scholarship award application [doc] [pdf]